After Year’s Wait, No New Illinois Casino Licenses Handed Out At Special IGB Meeting
Instead, eight entrants may change the details of their passport applications. They are:
- Hard Rock Casino Rockford( Rockford License ) 815 Entertainment, LLC
- Rivers Waukegan Casino( Waukegan License ) d / b / a CDI – RSG WaUKEgan, LLC
- American Place( Waukegan License ) Full House Resorts, Inc.
- North Point Casino( Waukegan License ) d / b Lakeside Casino, LLC
- Southland LIVE, LLC( South Suburban License ) d / b / a
- Registration for South Suburban Development, LLC
- Bluff Casino Resort, LLC( Williamson County License ) Walker & rsquo
- South Suburban License: Wind Creek, LLC
A Danville license is also up for grabs, but Haven Gamingwithdrew its application in July. The Wilmot family now holds principal interest but has yet to submit its materials to the IGB.
According to the law, the IGB has a time to consider game applications after receiving one. However, if it fails to meet that timeframe, it may call a particular public meeting or request an extension in writing.
Marcus Fruchter, the superintendent of the IGB, announced on October 27 that the board had written to explain why pending candidates were being held up.
Additionally, he stated that candidates from Rockford, Williamson County, Waukegan, and South Suburban had fairly anticipate receiving a decision within six months, setting the fresh date at the end of April 2021.
Casino candidates are growing increasingly frustrated before the IGB conference.
Before the special meeting, there were many complaints about aspirants andrsquo and dissatisfaction with the cumbersome procedure.
In August, State Rep. Anthony DeLuca, D-Chicago Heights, and Kristi DeLaurentiis, executive director of the South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association, wrote a letter to the IGB urging them to speed up the process.
DeLuca and DeLaurentiis wrote,” Andrdquo, We respectfully remind you that this southern residential license is long overdue. A judgement delayed is a choice denied.” COVID-19 cannot be used as a justification for inaction, according to & ldquo. The statute’s date is drawing near, and it is up to you to decide how almost a million people will fare in the future. & rdquo,
Fruchter seemed to point the finger again at the applicants during a board meeting in September by saying the following:
When applicants and current licensees fail to respond promptly, completely, with answers, documents, disclosures, or responses to any other board requests, & ldquo, The Staff & rsquo’s already difficult work is made more difficult. The majority of statements are timely and accurate, but those who don’t mess up the work for everyone. & rdquo,
Illinois has ten games that are active.
Illinois currently has 10 opened games. They are:
- Alton Argosy Casino
- At Casino Queen, DraftKings
- Elgin’s Grand Victoria Casino
- Joliet Harrah & rsquo, s
- Metropolis Harrah & rsquo, s
- Aurora Hollywood Casino
- Joliet at the Hollywood Casino
- Jumer & rsquo’s Casino and Hotel
- Game line a dice
- Casino Rivers
At some point, that listing will expand. Key stakeholders, however, are not pleased with the 2019 bill & rsquo’s initial implementation.