Illinois Gaming Board Chops South Suburban Casino Applicant List In Half, 2 Bids Remain
The last two proposals are from South Suburban Matteson and Wind Creek LLC Homewood East Hazel Crest. The committee voted on Southland LIVE LLC and Southho-Chunk Entertainment LLC Lynwood on Wednesday during the IGB meet.
Wednesday & rsquo, the vote was eagerly anticipated. In October 2019, three of the four teams submitted an application for a game license. Although the procedure has been moving very slowly, it is finally gaining momentum.
The two candidates will each have the chance to present their case to the committee on October 28 if they so choose. Having said that, a lecture is not required.
However, the committee just discussed issues pertaining to the south suburbs on Wednesday. This is what we know about the other two applicants, here & rsquo.
Then there were two individuals for casinos in South Suburban.
The southern residential permit will go to either South Suburban Matteson or Wind Creek Homewood East Hazel Crest.
A brief breakdown and processing of each bid is provided below:
Casino Matteson in South Suburban
- Time of program: Aug. 26, 2020
- Choctaw Nation as a lover
- Will there be a makeshift casino? & nbsp, Indeed
- Previous LincolnMall, in Matteson, close to Interstates 57 and 30, is the permanent place.
- Key features include a hotel, an interior spa and pool, inside golf, multi-purpose event center, upscale dining, and an exhibit of diverse cultural heritage.
609 lasting jobs would be created by the job. The entertainment area may be 123, 000 square feet, with 1, 300 slots and 42 table games.
We don’t know how much it will cost to build a betting, unlike Wind Creek.
East Hazel Crest / Wind Creek Casino Homewood
- Time of program: Oct. 25, 2019.
- Poarch Band of Creek Indians as a lover
- Will there be a makeshift casino? & nbsp, No
- Continuous area: At the intersection of Interstates 80 and 294 on property close to East Hazel Crest and Homewood.
- $ 440 million in development costs
- Other amenities include a sky club, restaurants, bars, and hotels with four diamonds.
800 permanent jobs would be created by the Wind Creek job, and we are aware that it intends to have a casino.
However, with 69, 190 square feet of gambling area, it would be smaller than the Matteson game. There would be 56 board games and 1, 350 games.
Northeast of Matteson, Homewood / East Hazel Crest is located about six miles away.
Important game timeframe in Chicago is approaching
Request for Proposals( RFP ) for the Chicago casino license are due on Friday, October 29.
The deadline was previously in August, but Mayor Lori Lightfootextended it to give bidders more time to assess the project. It appears as though there wasn’t much interest in the license, as various large gaming companies have said they will pass.
We are aware, Rush Street Gaming, however, is curious about the registration. Recently, Rush Street even renounced its offer to acquire the Waukegan game certificate.
And it’s possible that another gaming giant is in play. Hard Rock chairman Jim Allen said the company is “reevaluating the opportunity.” This isn’t the biggest vote of confidence, but it’s more optimistic compared to statements from other company CEOs.
We are beginning to notice some observable development more than two decades after Illinois legalized gambling expansion.